I do not need to convince my colleagues of the value of user research, usability testing and overall focus on meeting user needs during product development cycle. They get it: satisfied users are good for business! Yet, stakeholders regularly demand case studies and hard numbers before opening purse strings to fund a project. As a result, I am collecting (and sharing) UX success stories to help evangelize on value of UX and to make future “battles” for funding shorter, less intense, and (fingers crossed!) extinct!
Redesign of BreastCancer.org website based on user testing lead to the following return on investment:
- 117% increase in unique website visitors
- 41% increase in new user registrations
- 53% reduction in duration of registration process
- 206% increase in number of daily posts
- 80% decrease in number of Help Desk support cases
- 69% decrease in Help Desk cost
These are pretty nice numbers! You can read the full report here.